EDUCATION GRANT PROGRAM
There is no greater gift we can give than the gift of education
The PFSA Scholarship Foundation – Education Grant Program mission is to expand educational opportunities and provide financial assistance to PFSA members and is intended to assist PFSA members in achieving their educational goals without discrimination on the basis of race, color, special needs, sex or religious preference.
Grants are funded by the PFSA Scholarship Foundation and its donors.
QUALIFYING CRITERIA REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants that have received a PFSA Grant or have an open PFSA Scholarship are not eligible to apply. Recipients can qualify for and may receive, a ONE TIME ONLY grant.
- Applicants must be a PFSA benefit member in good standing (dues current) for two years prior to application date.
- Applicants must be accepted as a student at an accredited university, college or vocational/trade school program for the upcoming academic semester.
- No Minimum G.P.A. required.
- Applicants are required to submit completed application and an essay stating the reasons they are seeking the grant as well as the candidates’ goals for the future.
- Applicants are not required to demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
GRANT APPLICATIONS AND DEADLINES
- Applications may be submitted at any time.
- Applications and all supporting documents must be mailed to the PFSA Scholarship Foundation Education Grant Program. Faxed or e-mailed documents will not be accepted.
- Applications are reviewed four times per year. Therefore applicants are encouraged to plan ahead.
- Applicants will be notified of grant approval or denial within 90 days of application submission.
- The Foundation Directors will evaluate each grant application.
- Applicants must meet all grant requirements.
- Involvement in PFSA, participation in community programs, volunteer service and the basis of need can be taken into consideration.
- There is no guarantee a grant application will be approved even though it has been completed and submitted. Grants will be awarded based upon the availability of funds for the calendar year in which the grant application is submitted.
- Grant recipients must provide proof of enrollment, student ID number, the correct mailing address of their educational institution, department and/or office where their grant check is to be received within six (6) months of grant application approval.
- The PFSA Scholarship Foundation will disburse grant funds directly to the accredited university, college, or vocational/trade school for the benefit of the applicant. Payment to be made within 6 months from approval