Helping our members in reaching their educational goals
The Portuguese Fraternal Society of America Scholarship Foundation is a non-profit organization established in 2010. The Foundation accepts applications for education grants and applications for four–year and two-year scholarships to students pursuing higher education while attending University, College or Vocational/Trade School.
The Portuguese Fraternal Scholarship Foundation was organized exclusively for charitable purposes within the meaning of Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) or the corresponding provision of any future United States internal revenue law. Despite any other provision in these articles, the corporation shall not, except to an insubstantial degree, engage in any activities or exercise any power that do not further the purposes of this corporation, and the corporation shall not carry on any other activities not permitted by (a) a corporation exempt from federal income tax under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) or the corresponding provision of any future United States internal revenue law, or (b) a corporation, contributions to which are deductible under Internal Revenue Code Section 170 (c)(2) or the corresponding provision of any future United States internal revenue law.
- To encourage qualified students, financially, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex or religious preference.
- To foster Education and Scholarship Grants to qualified students.
- To promote Higher Education for the individual beyond high school.
- The Foundation can accept special Memorial and In-Honor funds to be disbursed according to the wishes of the donor.
Do I qualify and how can I apply?
To qualify, you simply need to:
- Be a member for two years prior to application date.
- You’ll need to submit an application and supporting documents.
- Write us a little essay about what you plan to do with your future.